The Katz Modern Line Dancers!

Monday 8 June 2009

DANCE TRAINERS - REQUEST NIGHTS AND A VIKING PARTY - AND A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT...

Dear Dancers,

Stardate 08/06/09 ...Captains log....oh no sorry, got carried away there.....

Back in the real world now.....

I hope you are all fit and well and looking forward to dancing this week! :)

Tonight (8th June) at Oak Lodge we are having a Request-A-Dance night - this is your chance to dance all your favourite dances and have a chance to practice any we may not have danced for a while....I will be bringing along 'Dance Menu's' to help you choose your faves, so dont worry if you can never remember the names of the dances! :)

Please do bring along some nibbles to share with your table of friends if you wish, and any drinks you need.

Also this evening I will be selling DANCE TRAINERS in a special 'Dance Shoe Sale!!' on behalf of a friend (Jayne Riley) who owns a dancewear shop......I have over 30 pairs of trainers, all sizes and lots of different styles to choose from - prices range from £26 to £43 - payment preferred by cash but a cheque supported by a cheque card is acceptable. Personally, I have already purchased three pairs, so you had better come and buy some off me before I break the bank!!

THE VIKING RED HOT COUNTRY WEEKEND - FRIDAY 12 - SUNDAY 14th JUNE!

This weekend sees the second of this years THREE special weekend long events at the Viking Club in Selsey - tickets for this event are available from The Viking direct on 01243 608427 and cost £40 each. This will gain you entry to the club for all FIVE sessions of live music PLUS my two dance workshops on Saturday and Sunday morning from 10.45 a.m. If you need further info please go to www.vikingcwdc.co.uk and click on 'weekenders'.

Please note that because of the Viking party there will be NO free linedance lessons on Saturday at 1 p.m we look forward to seeing you the following Saturday as usual if you cant make the party!

Last Wednesday we had the first of our two Request-A-Dance nights, this time at Westergate school and had a fab time (well I did and I hope you did too!!)........It was very interesting to see that the majority of dances requested weren't the so called 'must-do-the-harder-the-better!!' dances but simpler routines such as Cabo San Lucas and Mojo Rhythm......it will be interesting to see if the same thing happens in Oak Lodge this evening...watch this space!

Those of you who were there last week will have noted that Nicki and Paul are expecting a baby at the end of the month, they told me at the end of the session that Nicki was now going to 'put her feet up' and have a rest from linedancing until after baby arrived, they left by saying they would call me to let me know when their bundle of joy had arrived...

What I didnt expect (and I know they didnt either!!!) was that baby decided to put in her appearance THE VERY NEXT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so here we go with a very big WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY ABIGAIL!!!! She weighed in at 5 lbs 10 oz and Steven (big brother) is of course thrilled to have her.....

Paul sounded a little bewildered when he called me on Thursday evening to tell me the happy news - and Im not suprised! She was three weeks early!

Many congratulations to Nicki, Paul and of course Steven...I shall be round shortly with baby pressies!! Oh and, if big brother is lucky - a little something for him too...xxx

Thats all our news for now, take care everyone, and see you all soon.

Julie xxx

No comments: