The Katz Modern Line Dancers!

Saturday 8 November 2008

November 8th 2008 - Our first Saturday off!

Dear Dancers, Thank you for logging on to my blog! I aim to update this blog once a week with the latest news from the club, information about dances taught, and anything else I feel may be of interest to my lovely lovely dancers!

This week in Oak Lodge we are having a 'Charity Shop Chic!' fancy dress day - yes folks! On Monday 10th November, I am encouraging all my West Wickham dancers to search their local charity shops to find the most fabulous/outragous/glamourous/amusing outfit they can find. In addition we are having a Charity Shop Raffle with all prizes purchased from a variety of local Charity shops - therefore giving even more to those who are more in need than ourselves!

Mo has already shared her search for an outfit with me, last week she told me that she has already spent an absolute fortune on other items whilst searching for said elusive outfit and has also been encouraged to, how shall I put this? Eat a little more healthily as a result of trying on a few outfits that really 'should' have been her size....! I can't wait to see Mo's outfit on Monday!

What can I tell you about my outfit - NOTHING ITS A SECRET! Nosey devils....:P

Westergate Community School is the location of my Wednesday class - well what can I say about our new beginners - they are simply fabulous! Over 20 brand new linedancers began with us back in September and they are already dancing alongsideour more experienced dancers....brilliant! I must just say a special 'hello' to my younger dancers, especially little Josh who has shown a good sense of humour since I accidentally called him Damien during his first lesson....hehe!

Sadly our lessons in The Viking Music and Dance Club have now ended until Feb 28th next year - Andy and I however are thoroughly enjoying our first Saturday off since Feb this year! But we do miss you all very much - and hope to see some of you on Wednesdays if you can make it?

Our most exciting news of course is our impending appearance on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing on November 16th - we have NO idea how much they will show of the filming they did last week during our last session in the Viking but I can say this - I only hope they show Finn dancing Boo-taaay (way to go Finn!), Mick telling the cameraman this 'I am a linedancer, I am a couples dancer, I am a Western dancer, and sometimes, I am a butcher!!!!' LOL LOL!!! Mick you are a superstar!! *giggles....if they dont show you saying that I will complain to the Prime Minister!

And finally - blimey I can talk when I get going cant I!? finally.....here is a little list of the latest dances I am currently teaching and reviewing on Mondays and Wednesdays..

Monday Beginners are learning: Easy Come Easy Go, Texas Stomp, Lamtarra Rhumba.

Monday Improvers are learning: Greystone, Twiddly Diddly Dee, Heartbreak Express

Monday Intermediates are learning: Like A Dream, Galway Girls, Inside Out

This week they will be given a batch of oldies but goodies as part of our charity week (recycling dont you know!!) they are:-

Heels and Splits, Ribbon Of Highway, Fields of Gold and Seven Nights to Rock!

Wednesdays beginners are learning: Fuzzy Duck Slide, Cowgirl Twist, Electric Slide, Easy Come Easy Go, Lindi Shuffle, Cheeseburger....and a few more besides!

Wednesdays improvers are learning: Come dance with me, Just a Memory, Little Red Book, Greystone, Twiddly Diddly Dee!

Wednesdays intermediates are learning: Like A Dream, Galway Girls, Eyes Wide Open...

This week I will be teaching 'Am I?' a fabulous 32 count dance that has been at the top of the Worldlinedance Newsletter for months and months and months - it may only be 32 counts but is most definately a fully fledged intermediate line dance....worth learning!

Ok folks, thats it for now - thank you for taking the time to read this, my first blog, and I look forward to seeing you all in class very soon.

Take care, Julie x

4 comments:

Georgina said...

Love it J! We have one too www.screamingeaglesldc.blogspot.com - although Im not as good as you will be at keeping it updated! :) I'm now officially a follower! :)

Julie said...

Hi G, many thanks for your support - I can always rely on you to be positive! :D

sally gubbins said...

found thie page at last
big thank you julie for all your hard work during the year at the viking
hopefully i will get to one of your other classes
i will keep looking in for updates on whats on
glad to hear your haveing a rest think you may need your energy for december gathering lol
many thanks
sally

Julie said...

Hi Sally, you are welcome! It was a fun year wasn't it? I look forward to seeing you December in Bournemouth - keep an eye on the post in a couple of weeks time for your itinerary! Oh and, get working on that cossie! Julie x