The Katz Modern Line Dancers!

Tuesday 18 November 2008

As seen on T.V.........our appearance on Strictly Come Dancing!

Dear Dancers,

Well if you blinked you missed us, BUT we WERE on BBC1's Strictly Come Dancing last Sunday! Hurray! Yes it was only 10 seconds long, but didn't you all look lovely!

If you missed the show you have a few days to view the programme on BBC.co.uk's website - go to their iplayer and you will find Sundays show.....our item is about 18 minutes into the show, we are featured along with several other dance classes all giving our views about the contestents (and judges!) on the show.

Almost everyone I have spoken to in the past two days has said 'I saw you on the telly!!!' which is pretty amazing! (considering my face was on it for all of two seconds!). I expected my dancers to know about it and to watch it, but the 'I saw you on the telly!' from the receptionist in the dentist was a bit of a surprise! haha!

Thank you to everyone down at the Viking for taking part in the filming - I too am sorry that they didn't show more footage of our club, but we have to remember that this filming was about Strictly and not about linedancing.....ah well - theres a BBC editor somewhere with four or five hours of footage of us talking about what linedancing is all about nowadays, so who knows, one day he may contact us again and want to do a show just about us! (well, I can dream can't I?)

Whilst Im here, this weeks new dance for Wednesday evening will be Turn Me Loose by Simon Ward, along with week two of 'Am I?' and hopefully something new for the improvers too....(still looking for that one!)

Monday evenings classes had County Line (the beginners did absolutely brilliantly with this one - I was very impressed!), Improvers are perfecting Twiddly Diddly Dee and Greystone, and the intermediates had Doctor's Orders which went down very well.......last night was really busy, you were all in a bouncy mood and loads of fun to be with! Thanks girlies - I can say girlies as John (our token male) wasn't there...!

See you all again very soon, take care everyone......Julie xxx

No comments: