The Katz Modern Line Dancers!

Wednesday 6 October 2010

CHANGE OF VENUE FOR FRIDAYS!

Dear Dancers,

NEWSFLASH RE ALDINGBOURNE - FRIDAY AFTERNOONS!
Hi there - if you are an Aldingbourne dancer you will know that the dancefloor has been severely water damaged this year. As I expected the hall is to close next week - so that this coming Friday 8TH OCTOBER will be our last session in the hall before we change venues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our new venue is to be THE NEWELL CENTRE IN CHICHESTER - click here for the address and map http://www.chichester.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=6779&contactid=8249 (if this link doesnt work please cut and paste the above link and put it in your search bar)

As this is a hall that is always in high demand it has not been possible to book it for a short space of time only so I have had to make the decision to move the class here for the foreseeable future. We have no real idea how long it would take to repair the floor in Aldingbourne, and also we have tried to improve the numbers at the hall recently with little success, moving the class back and forth between venues will only damage our numbers further - so I have taken the executive decision (get me!) to transfer to The Newell Centre indefinItely.....the hall is lovely, warm and much larger than Aldingbourne, affording us the chance to increase our numbers and taking away the threat of our small class closing down altogether.

I love our Friday afternoon classes as much as the evening classes - they are always such a good laugh and easy going - so please do let me know if you have any difficulty in getting to the Newell Centre and I will see if I can get you there myself! (I have a nice big car and come from Barnham).

I will be sad to leave Aldingbourne tho, we have had such laughs in there - but sometimes it's just better to cut your losses and move forwards - or onwards and upwards as they say! When we move across we will start with our current experienced beginner class from 1.15 TO 2.30 and leave the absolute beginners class out until we have had time to readvertise in this new area.

Lets all hope for good things for our two new classes - I have a feeling in my bones that it's all going to turn out for the best!!

No comments: